Made to Fit – because your comfort needs are unique
Whether you need a riser recliner for mobility, health conditions, or simply to enjoy leaning back and putting your feet up at the end of a long day, there are several benefits to having your chair ‘fitted’ to your size, body shape and weight. Why? Because we’re all different aren’t we? Different heights, different length of legs, weight!
Enjoy Sitting in Perfectly Supported Comfort
Sitting down causes a number of stresses in our bodies, especially our spines, and this has recently begun to be more recognised by health professionals. It is the main reason for the sudden boom of rise and recliner chairs is because as a result there are many rise and recliner chairs on the market but few are made to fit. A fitted chair has been designed to best support your body, including considerations like posture, comfort, support and health.
How long do you spend seated?
There are serious health implications of prolonged sitting, and why this is a cause for concern for those who spend more than thirty hours sitting. If you have a condition, then there could be significant benefits to selecting the right rise and recline movements and chair style.
7 Point Seat Fitting Consultation
Choice is about ensuring that you select the right combination of chair style, seat cushion, rise recliner mechanism and having the chair built to your specific dimensions. The correct size of chair will ensure that you purchase a riser recliner that truly delivers personal comfort for you, because you are unique.
1. Seat Depth – to ensure your thighs are well supported
2. Seat Height – good posture requires your feet to be placed firmly on the ground
3. Back Height – important if you have back issues, neck, spinal or vertebrae problems
4. Back Support – back cushion selection will help with your posture and comfort
5. Seat Width – the correct width will help to support your hips and arms
6. Seating Support – your weight’s important and is critical to the cushion selection
7. Elbow Height – arms should be able to rest comfortably on the armrest
The measurements ensure your new chair is set-up for you based on your body shape, size and dimensions. Whilst considering any healthcare medical problem affecting your comfort.
All riser recliner chairs follow a similar movement cycle, from standing to upright (sitting) and then back to full recline with leg elevation, and back again. This is why we recommend you get a professional 7 point seat fitting.